- 4 beef cheeks
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic clove, finely choopped
- 1 bunch thyme, chopped
- 1 litre beef stock
- 3 tablespoon creme fraîche
- 100 ml whisky
- 4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 bunch sage, chopped
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees celsius.
- Heat up a roasting tray with touch of olive oil, and sear the beef cheeks on all sides and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and herbs to the roasting trays and cook until softened.
- Return the cheeks to the tray, add beef stock and bring to the boil, cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 8 hours until almost falling apart.
- Take the cheeks out of the tray, add the whysky, flame it using a match.
- Add the creme fraîche and mustard, bring to a simmer and return the cheeks to the tray, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Wine recommendation: Chateau Falfas 2012 Cote de Bourg from Airoldi Fine Wines