- 18-20 Sponge fingers
- 3 Punnet Raspberries
- 3 yellow peaches
Butter Cream :
- 3 egg yolk
- 140g caster sugar
- 50 g water
- 180 g room temperature butter
- Mix water and sugar in a saucepan and cook to 118 degrees celsius or 244 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the mean time whisk egg yolk in an electric blender, then poor the cooked sugar over it while mixing.
- Whisk until cooled down completely, then add slowly add the butter and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Keep aside
- 2 cl water
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2 egg white
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan and cook to 118 degrees celsius or 244 degrees fahrenheit.
- Whisk egg white to soft peak in an electric mixer then slowly add the cooked sugar while whisking.
- Whisk until the meringue has cooled down.
- Add a punnet of raspberries to the meringue and whisk.
- Then gently fold the butter cream through the meringue and keep aside.
Building the cake:
- Line a 22cm round springform cake tin with the sponge finger, side and bottom.
- Place the butter cream mixture inside the lined cake tin and decorate the top with the remaining raspberries and sliced yellow peaches.
Wine Recommendation :
- Klein Constantia “Vin de Constance ” 2015 available at www.airoldifinewines.com.au